Sullivan Harbor Farm Press Room
Facts about Sullivan Harbor Farm
||1545 US Highway 1
Hancock, Maine 04640
Joel Frantzman , Owner
||- Mail order – direct to consumer via website
- Gourmet and specialty retailers in the United States
- Up-market resorts
|| Numerous accolades in competitive tastings.
Unique characteristics that set Sullivan Harbor Farm Smokehouse apart:
- Sullivan Harbor Farm is a Maine based company specializing in creating smoked seafood products.
- Sullivan Harbor Farm has an association with Ocean Legacy, a small family owned salmon farm in the Gulf of Maine. Their farming practices, which include low stocking density, better feed, and an outstanding sea environment produce superior fish. Fish are raised without hormones or antibiotics and they are fed selected feed which insures high levels of Omega 3's. Sullivan Harbor Farm's close proximity to their farm produces the smallest carbon footprint anywhere - 65 Miles, compared to Chile - 8000 Miles, Norway - 4000 Miles, Alaska - 6000 Miles. This is particularly important for those who wish to consume seafood closer to home.
- Owner, Joel Frantzman, attended the famous Aberdeen Smoking Course and visited a number of small, high end smoke houses. He returned to Sullivan Harbor determined to produce smoked salmon using small batches, old world methods, and fanatical attention to detail. The Sullivan Harbor Farm process begins with ,afore mentioned, superior fish. Utilizing dry curing, smoking in small kilns with natural hardwood smoke, and experienced produces the best product, no question.
- Our home base is a state of the art facility.
- Our products are all natural; no preservatives, chemicals or colorings are ever used.